Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dog Tricks

I've discussed my previous fun times with Ebon and dog training before. My most recent project has been teaching him to carry his leash on walks. It's something I tried once before and failed, but I started over with slightly different tactics and we've made a fair amount of progress. If I coil the leash in a way that keeps him from dragging it he's rather happy to tote the thing around while we walk. I'm trying to make it clear that I want him to keep it in his mouth until I reach out to take it.


I still can't get him to sit without him spitting it out, though.

During training sessions, I have to use two leashes because of local ordinance. One goes in his mouth and the other is looped around my torso.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to have a read on these fantastic dogs tricks....keep posting hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are good learner breed and they can learn everything and are well-trained in investigation and searching aspects.

    ReplyDelete